Coastal Communities for Climate Action was established because of local concern about global climate breakdown and environmental collapse.
Our focus is on sharing and generating ideas for a more sustainable lifestyle as well as engaging in lobbying and campaigning to combat biodiversity loss and climate change.
– Sharing ideas around a more sustainable lifestyle in terms of reducing our waste and carbon footprint, encouraging biodiversity and mitigating the effects of sea level rise.
– Generating new ideas and local solutions to adapt to and mitigate the impact of climate change.
– Lobby at a local level for the implementation of existing and new climate policies.
– Campaign for further and more effective action to combat climate change.
– Acknowledge the ethical and political implications of the climate crisis, and actively embrace the idea of climate justice.
– Explore areas of concern with the potential to yield adaptive action through dedicated working groups.
– Members commit to review their lifestyle and to implement changes in their personal lives.
– Compile and disseminate ideas for lifestyle changes via social media and elsewhere.
– Engage with and support other local groups in practical initiatives.
– Network with local and statutory bodies, NGOs, and the local authority to ensure the implementation of existing climate action policies and the development of further strategies.
– Develop strategies to campaign for further and more effective local action to combat climate change and biodiversity loss.
– Support the rights of all people who are suffering the negative effects of climate change
– CCCA is a democratic, non-profit making group and is not affiliated with any political party.
– We are committed to positively promote diversity within the group.
– All information CCCA disseminates shall be evidenced-based, empowering and non-threatening.
– CCCA engages in nonviolent direct action.